Opawica Explorations Inc. (the “Company”)(TSX.V: OPW) was incorporated under the Business Corporations Act (Ontario) on September 17, 1975. The Company is listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol "OPW".
The Company is a junior resource company engaged in the acquisition, exploration and evaluation of gold and base metal mineral properties in Canada. As at the date hereof, the Company owns, subject to certain royalties, a 100% interest or an option to acquire a 100% interest in each of the following mineral resource properties in Canada:
- Bazooka Properties - The Bazooka East gold property is 100% owned and consists of 15 mineral claims totalling ~312 hectares, located in the Beauchastel Township approximately 7 km southwest of Rouyn Noranda, Quebec, and is contiguous to the western border of the Kinross-Yorbeau Rouyn gold property.
The Bazooka West gold property, which adjoins the Bazooka East property, is subject to an option agreement whereby Opawica may acquire a 100% interest. This property consists of 24 mineral claims totalling 953 hectares located in the Beauchastel Township. The total strike length of the two Bazooka Properties cover approximately 7 km of the Cadillac Larder Lake Break.
An initial ~1,500 metre drill program on the east block commenced on February 21, 2017.
- McWatters Property - 100% owned gold property consisting of 12 mineral claims totalling 404 hectares is contiguous to the eastern border of the Kinross-Yorbeau Rouyn property.
- Arrowhead Property - 100% owned gold property consisting of 19 mineral claims in a continuous claim block totalling 400.76 hectares, located in the Joannes Township approximately 30 km east of Rouyn Noranda, Quebec.
- TKL Teck Property - 100% owned four patented mineral claims located near Kirkland Lake in northeastern Ontario.
- Yukon Bro Property - 100% owned massive sulphide, silver, lead, zinc property with exploration potential for gold and copper, located 120 km southeast of Faro, Yukon Territory.
The Company is engaged in the search for potential joint venture partners, mineral property acquisitions and financings.
Exploration of the Bazooka and Bazooka West Properties on the Cadillac Larder Lake Break
Drilling commenced on the Company’s 100% owned Bazooka (East) property located near Rouyn Noranda, Quebec on February 21, 2017.
The Company owns or has under option approximately seven kilometres of the Cadillac Larder Lake Break (“CLLB”) which makes up the contiguous block of ground referred to as the Bazooka West and East properties (the “Bazooka Properties”).
The Bazooka Properties are situated between and contiguous to the Wassamac gold property and deposit owned by Richmont Mines Inc. to the west north west, and Yorbeau Resources Inc.’s Rouyn property that has been optioned by Kinross Gold Corporation ("Kinross"), whereby Kinross has the option to acquire a 100% interest in Yorbeau's Rouyn property for consideration that includes exploration expenditures of C$12 million; cash payments of USD $25,000,000; and other considerations (see Yorbeau press release dated October 25, 2016).
The Bazooka Property drilling of an untested fold nose feature and drilling to depth of up to about 400 metres targeted on historical underground high grade gold mineralization, previously explored by shaft and drifting (Eldona Mines Ltd. – 1952), will commence with the drill collar situated immediately west of the Augmitto gold resources and related mineralization situated on the Kinross-Yorbeau Rouyn property.